What I’m working on right now:
- My primary day job – managing Backpacking Light.
- Working remotely, primarily from a co-working facility with a nice view of the Continental Divide.
- Scaling a business as a member of the Estes Park EDC.
- Business Process Development Focus: lean/agile operations management, productivity funnel development (Trello), systematization of business processes.
- Business Strategy Development Focus: coordinating purpose, vision, values, mission, value proposition, and storyboarding into lead acquisition marketing, customer onboarding, editorial development, and staff onboarding.
- Product Development Focus: online learning/education (outdoor gear and skills), video-based livestream events.
- Moving our home and company from Laramie, WY to Estes Park, CO.
- Rehabbing a grade II ankle sprain (3 major ligaments) that I suffered when I walked unknowingly into a 3-foot-deep hole the night before Halloween, 2021. Lesson: don’t walk through a dark forest without a headlamp.
- Enjoying the trails in our new backcountry backyard: Arapahoe and Roosevelt National Forests and Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Developing a personal and local community plan for action-based public lands stewardship based on Responsible Stewardship’s Act ethic.
- Patiently waiting for my vintage smartphone to die so I can make the transition to a Light Phone.
- Back to using cedar pencils full-time.