Personal Attention, Peer Collaboration, and Low Enrollment = Quality Learning
All online courses are scheduled courses where you have the opportunity to connect with and learn from me, and your course peers, in a collaborative and fun group environment. I keep enrollment low on these courses to give mentored participants as much attention as possible.
Multimedia Course Materials Make Learning Fun!
- Course materials include a variety of exciting and interesting media, including articles, worksheets, screencasts, podcasts, and video presentations.
- Each course module is broken down into several lessons, and each lesson takes less than 15 minutes to review – so don’t worry – you can squeeze your learning in at times most convenient for you!
Three Course Types Meet Your Time and Financial Constraints
- Self-directed (non-mentored). Once the course starts, you will have access to the course materials and peer forum for collaboration, with new materials accessible each week.
- Directed (mentored). In addition to the benefits of a self-directed course, you’ll enjoy exclusive and private email exchanges directly with me (enrollment is limited).
- Directed (mentored) + Trip. In addition to the benefits of a Directed (mentored) course program, you’ll end your course with a weekend trip spent with me, and other course peers electing this option (enrollment is extremely limited).
“Ryan’s down-to-earth personality, framework for simplicity, and practical teaching methods – coupled with years of experience and depth of knowledge – make him a uniquely outstanding wilderness skills instructor.” – Damien Tougas
“Ryan’s an incredibly patient instructor who intuitively knew when to allow us to take the lead and when to step in with gentle educational nudges to ensure we got as much out of the course as we could.” – Douglas Ide
“It took meeting Ryan Jordan, ultralight gear maven and a fountain of knowledge of all things light in backpacking, to turn the mathematical modeling exercise of “how far can we hike self-contained” into the empirical observation of the Arctic 1000.” – Roman Dial, Adventurer
Ultralight Backpacking Boot Camp
Ultralight Backpacking Boot Camp is for beginning and intermediate wilderness travelers who want to develop a solid foundation of knowledge and skill about ultralight backpacking gear, technique, philosophy, and trip planning.
Expedition Planning is for intermediate and advanced wilderness travelers who want to develop advanced skills in ultralight backpacking, and learn key processes for planning and executing complex, remote expeditions.
BSA High Adventure Leadership Training: Ultralight Trekking for Scout Leaders
2012 SESSIONS WILL OPEN SOON!. Signup below to receive more info as it becomes available.
- SUMMER SESSION TREK: June 7-10, 2012, Bob Marshall Wilderness
- FALL SESSION TREK: September 6-9, 2012, Bob Marshall Wilderness
BSA High Adventure Leadership Training: Ultralight Backpacking is a course for Scout Leaders, including High Adventure Program and Training staff, Trek Leaders, BCOLS Instructors, and Troop Leaders interested in developing, implementing, and executing backcountry wilderness trekking programs that include core skill sets in ultralight backpacking.
Email me when more information becomes available about High Adventure Leadership Training: Ultralight Trekking for Scout Leaders: